Monday, December 15, 2008

Lessons in Love 4 (So he says)

So he says this long distance thing is too much
…Baby I feel you
So he says he doesn’t know how he can do it
…Baby I understand
So he says I don’t know if I can trust you

…Wait I’m sorry babe I thought I heard you say…
…wait you said

So he says I don’t want to talk about it
I’m speechless
Heart breaking with every second of lingering silence
…But baby…
So he says don’t ask me why
So he says I can’t talk right now
The pieces of what use to be our love
Start to fall
And land at my feet
In my mind the words, I Love You
Scroll from right to left like a jumbo-tron
Almost
I almost let his words hurt me
I almost didn’t see
I almost forgot
That the love of my life is guarded
That my baby doesn’t believe
That love conquers all
You may be unsure
But I love you
You may want to quit
But I love you
You may lose your strength
But I love you
And love you I will
Through whatever it is your going through
I’ll take a back seat to your thoughts
I’ll come second to your insecurity
Until…
You see
How this love
My love
The love I have for you
Will drive away all the doubt
So he says I’m sorry
…Baby there’s no need to apologize
..your learning to trust…to love

1 comment:

  1. This poems speaks to me in so many different ways... I respect your flow...truly

    ReplyDelete