Oh
So you think you know me
Did you know that I want to take a black man in my hands and let him lead me
But can I find one
And trust the fact that he needs me
Or will I make him leave me
With all my nagging and crying
About how I know he’s lying
Push him toward other women
By constant criticizing my beauty
Truly
I want to let a black man love me
But I have issues with trust
Issues with lust
Issues with letting you and I become us
I cant take the pain of Mr. playa playa playing games
Of Mr. playa playa and all his dames
Of a boy searching for a poor man’s fame
I would call it shame
But instead I call it sad
A poor girl wearing hurt on her sleeve
Afraid to let him in because he can’t tear down theses wall
To see through theses flaws
I am hurting
I twist my arm when you look at me
Cause I know that we could never be
I know that you wont understand that I know that I don’t need a man
You won’t understand that somewhere inside me
Your like every other man
Somewhere inside me I trust you
Somewhere inside me I lust for you
Somewhere inside me I want you
But I can’t honestly say where
Sometimes its here
And at times its there
But those feelings I keep in the dark
For fear that the undeserving might find
The gift that is meant for only one
Never would you have thought that
Little old me would think
Would say
Would feel
Such things
But…
No comments:
Post a Comment