Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Poppalot (a Poem for our Father)
Poppalot
(a Poem for our Father)
I love you
Oh, God knows how much
I love you
And every day I wake up
How much I’m thinking of you
How much I miss our fights
Our laughter, your crazy ways
How much I want you near me
Giving advice on those hard days
I love you
Oh, God knows how much
I love you
And every day I wake up
How much I’m thinking of you
How much you loved our children
And helped us make them strong
How much you cared for us
Always there when things went wrong
Fixing tires
And cars that wouldn’t start
Creating memories
That we hold close to our heart
I love you
Oh, God knows how much
I love you
And every day I wake up
How much I’m thinking of you
You gave us life, you gave us love
And the southern charm that
we adore
We will miss you every hour
Every day and forever more
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment