I am a child
What do I do?
World around me movin
People getting by
But how do I speak words that can communicate this absence
I
Only
Want
Need
Deserve
Did I ask to be here?
Brought in to this world by the miracle of GOD’s blessing
Left to worldly iniquity without the shield of relative affection
Who
Why
What did I do
Where do I go from here?
They tell me
They say do
And I do
And I try
And then I feel pain
Pain that finds a place in my heart
And is planted like a seed
Growing into resentment and bitterness
Blossoming in to fear and compensation
This is where I come from
This is why you look at me and see nothing
Because nothing was planted
And nothing was sown
Nothing was harvested
Nothing was produced
Nothing from nothing
Equals the scared, misguided product of an absence
Equals a life
A seed planted in iniquity and left with nothing
How will you help it grow?
No comments:
Post a Comment