Friday, April 4, 2008

Never before

Never before
Has the little girl inside this little woman
Been special
Been the little princess
Never before was she allowed to be spoiled
But once upon a summer afternoon
That all changed
His princess
His babygurl

The little girl inside the strong black woman
Cries out for attention
Wants to be loved and hugged
And wants
Strong black woman held up by the walls
Walls built to keep people out
And keep fear in
Wanting to let go
And let love flow
But trust
Too far from reality
Three sides to the truth
Never the whole story
Scared of the lies
Deceit
Will he love me enough to
Never hurt me
Inside I know
I want to be loved
To be his everything
Like a precious jewel or treasure
I want him to cherish me
I want love
Respect my virtues
Love me for my caring, honest ways
I want love
Need to confide in me
Tell me his dreams
Trust that I’ll protect them
I want love
Trust in me
Be able to bet his life
On my honesty
I want a kind of love
With fights and resolutions
With problems and solutions
With give and take …
And more give

No comments:

Post a Comment